Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #119641

, , | Unfiltered | September 7, 2018

So I spent some time while in Grad School working for a big box chain electronic store (Clearly everyone knows which one) and I was the only girl in the Portable Electronics section (basically anything you could pick up and steal. iPods, CDs, Cameras ect) So I got all the interesting customers but this one made me the maddest.

Im minding my own buisness stocking shelves and a woman drags her daughter in and heads straight my direction.

Me: How can I help y’all today?

Customer: Like I need your help. *turns to daughter* Do you want to end up like this? Working here? Doing nothing with your life?

Me: *cutting her off* Excuse me, please dont speak about me that way

Customer: *gettingloud* Dont you talk back to me missy, if you had done something with your life and studied a bit more maybe you wouldn’t be here!

Me: Do you want to know why Im here? Im here because I just finished my Masters Degree at Oxford. Pembroke College by the way. And now Im an adjunct at the university you are so proudly wearing colors for, that nearly everyone in this city wears when less than 1/2 of them even WENT there- while I work on my doctoral dissertation. Dont you DARE come in here and look at us and say we didn’t do something right, because I can guaren-f*cking-te most of us did.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!