Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #118169

, | Unfiltered | August 9, 2018

((This all happened about 5 years ago, I was 16 at the time.))
(I’ve just recently started my first job. When I was 13 I was found to have thyroid cancer, nothing too serious. I had it operated on twice, and because of this it left a, in my opinion, very brash scar. To prevent people from seeing it I wear a scarf I made myself; despite it looking out of place especially in Texas weather, I feel it keeps people at bay from prying about what’s underneath. This starts off pretty normally, with me just ringing in a woman with a rather large cart filled with items.)

Me: Hello! Did you find everything easily enough?

Woman: (seems very hesitant) Yea, thanks…

(I finish ringing everything up without another word from her. Her total comes up to roughly 220 dollars.)

Me: Alright your total is $221.34, is there anything else you’ll be needing?

(She just shakes her head while rummaging through her purse as in to saying ‘no’ and I continue on with my work, assuming she’s just had a bad day or such.)

Me: Alrighty then! Will that be cash or credit?

(She looks up to me scoldingly from her purse and I am taken aback as I think I’ve been nice this entire time.)

Her: *pulls out credit card* Credit.

Me: Okay, just slide it in the card reader in front of you.

Her: *slides card through and signs reader*

Me: Seems everything’s gone through smoothly, would you like a receipt?

Her: Why do you wear that?

(I print out the receipt in an effort to dodge the question, which, despite the fact I’m asked it every once in a while, I hate having to answer, so much my friends usually answer with a lie for me.)

Her: Are you stupid? Why. Do. You. Wear that?

Me: *getting nervous and uncomfortable* Thank you for shopping with us!

(She then leans over the counter and quickly grabs my scarf’s base right by my neck, making me give a slight scream in terror as Im jolted forward. She continues to try and undue it, but due to its length, it just gets more and more tangled and tighter around my neck. At this point I’m putting up a pretty big struggle, but she has me pulled over the counter so I’m obviously losing. It doesn’t take long for my manager to notice, as he rushes to me quickly and tries pulling her off of me with the help of my coworker and a few customers. Once she’s finally off my manager calls the cops and she’s taken away and I’m asked if I’d like to press chargers for assault, lucky for her I declined.)

(I’m sitting against the wall, having redone my scarf and trying to catch my breath, this is the first time anything like this had ever happened, when my coworker comes and sits by me. I have a tendency to make jokes out of bad situations.)

Coworker: You okay, that looked kind of scary.

Me: Are you kidding?! It scared the daylight out of me! I thought I was going to die in the middle of a grocery store! *laughs*

Coworker: Well I’m glad you’re not hurt, if you died you couldn’t go see a movie with me next Saturday…

(I did quit that job, despite my love for my coworkers and manager, in the end. And yes, my coworker, now boyfriend, and I did see that movie together. He also bought me a new, shorter, scarf- which is now an annual thing for him to get on our anniversary. I have never been happier.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!