Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #116854

, | Unfiltered | July 22, 2018

I work at a popular donut chain in this state in one of the very few without a drive thru. Most of the stores close at 8 have a drive thru open until midnight or later. I get a phone call 10 minutes before 8.

Caller: How late are you open till?

Me: Doors lock at 8.

The caller then promptly hangs up. As it’s getting close to closing I start going through the counts and moving most of the racks and pots to the cleaning station. At 8 i go and lock the doors and shut off the lights. 30 minutes later as I’m bringing the donuts to the dumpster I almost get taken out by an suv. The drivers get out and run to the door. I take a picture of them holding my watch up so the time can be seen and the people at the door because Im pretty sure this is going to be a complaint.

Driver: Are you f-ing kidding me! That b++ch said they were open! Why are the damned doors locked!

Passenger: This is an injustice! We’ll have her job with this one!

They hadn’t noticed me at the dumpster, not being quiet, and tore out of the parking lot. The next morning the owner is in the store and pulls me into this office.

Owner: So I heard you closed the store down early and laughed in a customer’s face while they were politely trying to ask you if they could just get a coffee and sandwich.

Me: That’s ridiculous.

Owner: The man said he called at 5 and asked if you were open and the showed up at 6 and you’d locked the doors in his face.

Me: First of all, the only call I got was at 7:50 and the people didn’t show up till 8:30, were making all sorts of noise, and being all sorts of rude.

Owner: Do you have any proof of that because at this point it’s your word against his.

I pulled up the picture I took showing my watch and the customers. The owner shrugged and I went to start my shift, without an apology, and I left 2 weeks later because if he wasn’t going to have my back in that situation or admit a customer could have been wrong I didn’t need that job.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!