Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #116520

, | Unfiltered | July 20, 2018

(In this story I am the customer picking up dinner at a take-and-bake pizza shop after working at Walmart for my family. I enter the store to see a customer at the only register of the location talking on the phone)

Customer: (To cashier) I want a large 5-meat, a pepperoni, and a supreme.

(She resumes talking on the phone)

Cashier: Just to let you know you ta–

(The customer, pulling her phone away from her ear, snaps back to the cashier)

Customer: I don’t want to hear any fucking lip, just make the damn pizzas and take my card already!

(The cashier passes the notes down to the ones in the pizza making line as she backs off and head to a bench that’s in the store. I hold up a finger as I, after watching the first customer, forgotten what my family wanted and needed to look in my texts. Once I see the order, I head back up to the counter.)

Cashier: Ready to or–

(Sadly, at this moment the other customer suddenly raises her voice, thankfully off the phone now)

Customer: Aren’t you going to fucking cook this you lazy assholes?!

Pizza Maker: Ma’am, you take this home and cook it yourself, that’s how it works. We’ve already told you that twice this month.

Customer: No, you are fucking supposed to cook this, you are just wanting to be lazy and not do your jo-

(At this moment, I’ve had enough of the rude customer and clear my throat before approaching her)

Me: Excuse me, Miss.

Customer: What do you WANT, you’re can’t do fucking anything! This isn’t fucking Walmart, if I wanted to take pizza home and fucking cook it myself I would buy it from there!

Me: Well, first of all, at least I’m not a rude and inconsiderate asshole who is only making a show out of myself.

Customer: Excuse me!?

Me: First of all, being on the phone while conducting business of any kind is inconsiderate to the one you are doing business with. Second of all, if you would take a look at the sign of the place or even look at the logos and slogans that are scattered here, or even pay attention to the ADs on TV…

(At this point the customer tried to interrupt me, but I decide to talk over her and not let her say what she wanted.)

Me: …you would know that this isn’t like most place. Here, you get your pizzas, which is a LOT fresher than the frozen ones at where I work, and…

Customer: Have them fucking cook it cause this an actual pizza store, not a Walmart! I know how it fucking works, dumbass!

Me: No…(I pick up one of the direction sheets they put on the pizzas while wrapping it up in plastic wrap, pointing to the logo)…read this.

Customer: Papa Murphy’s Pizza, what does that tell me. That’s the name of the place, big fu…

(I then point to the second half of the logo, cutting her off.)

Me: …And this part?

Customer: Take and ba–oh…

(At this point, she rushes out of the store more than a few shades of red without another word and drove off, leaving her pizzas on the counter.)

Pizza Maker: Wow! I’ve never seen her like that and she comes in AT LEAST three times a months to pull that stunt. (He then turns to the cashier) Take off 50% of his total, I’ll sign it and submit it myself

Me: No, no. I don’t want you to do that, I really don’t want to get anybo–

Pizza Maker: No, don’t worry about it, I’m the manager at this store. Covering in for a sick employee.

Me: Well…okay

(At this point, I order my pizzas and thank them for this discount, only have it dismissed and them thank me in turn. However, at this moment, the other customer comes back in, brakes squealing as she park, but I cut her a look and she quietly goes in, getting her pizzas and finally apologizes–even if wasn’t an honest one.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!