Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #115280

, , | Unfiltered | June 29, 2018

I work at a call center for a major satellite TV provider, providing tech support for customers.  One day I get a call and the following exchange happens:

Me: Thank you for calling (company name) how may I help you?

Customer: Yeah, I got nothing on my tv.

(at this point, it seems to be an easy fix we get these calls all the time.)

Me: I’m sorry to hear that, but I’d be happy to help with that.  When you say “nothing” is it an error message?

Customer: No, what are you an idiot? It’s nothing a black screen.

Me: (Choosing to ignore the comment) Ok, we can fix that easily enough, some of these questions may seem basic but bear with me please.  Is the blue light on on your box?

Customer: No the blue light isn’t (expletive deleted) on, the box isn’t plugged in.

Me: Sir, if you could plug in the box I believe that will solve the problem.

Customer: What do you think I’m some kind of (expletive deleted) idiot?  Let me talk to your manager, maybe he can figure out what’s wrong with your (expletive deleted) box.

Naturally, I got him over to a supervisor.  While explaining the situation to the supervisor, we had a good chuckle over the customer’s seeming inability to grasp that electronics do, indeed, need electricity.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!