Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #115188

, , | Unfiltered | June 23, 2018

(It’s a fairly quiet day in electronics when the phone rings. I answer it.)

Me: “Electronics! Can I help you find something?”

Customer: “Well good morning! I was wondering of you could help me find a new cartridge of ink for my printer!”

Me: “Certainly ma’am! Do you have the old cartridge with you? Tell me the number and I’ll
check our inventory.”

Customer: “Well, I can’t  open the printer to check. The problem is I don’t have any hands, so it’s very difficult for me. Is there another way we can find my ink?”

Me: “…………. Uh….  Yeah, sure.”

(I brush off her comment, thinking I misheard and ask her for the model number of the printer. She is having  difficulty locating it.)

Customer: “Oh, this just isn’t working. If you can hang on for a moment I’ll see if there’s some way I can jimmy it open. Because I dont have any hands.”

Me:” That won’t be necessa–”

(I am interrupted by the sound of the phone clattering to the floor, and an almighty racket of crashing an thudding.)

Customer: “I’m very sorry about that, but I managed to open the printer without hands and find the ink number!”

(She gives me the number, I find the appropriate box, and discovering it’s the last one, I offer to put it aside for her. I take down her name while instructing her to come pick it up before the store closes.)

Customer: “Well thank you young lady, however, would it be possible or me to come in tomorrow to purchase the ink? I already don’t have any hands, and honestly I don’t have any legs either. Traveling is quite difficult, and I won’t be able to receive a ride until tomorrow.”

Me: “……………”

Customer: “Would that be alright?”

Me: *Extremely unsure if this is a prank, or if it just not hearing her correctly, I give up* “Yes, that’s fine, ma’am. I’ll probably be here, find me at the register and I’ll get your ink.”

(She thanks me, delighted. I put her out of my mind. The day passes with no issue. The next morning, I hear a voice beckoning me. I look down the main aisle and sure enough, here comes an elderly woman being pushed in a wheelchair…  Who seems to have no legs past her knees and stump hands.)

Customer: “Good morning,  Miss! I believe you have some ink for me?”

Me: “………………  Yes. Why yes. I have it right here for you.”

Customer: *utterly delighted*” Thank you so very much for helping me! I can’t tell you how many places have hung up on me when I called too ask for that ink! It appears no one has manners anymore. I’d shake your hand but, well….”  *holds up her stumps and shrugs* “you know. No hands.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!