Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #115186

, | Unfiltered | June 22, 2018

I’m walking the store, cleaning up and trying to restore some order. I notice a woman following slowly behind me, but as she’s always at least at the other end of the aisle and looking at our products, I assume she is just shopping on the same path as me. After about 15 minutes of me walking the store, helping customers, etc., she approaches.

Customer: Hey! I need help!

Me: Oh, okay, what do you need?

Customer: Well, first of all, I need you to acknowledge that I need help the FIRST time.

Me: Oh, I’m sorry, did you ask me for something earlier? I must not have heard, I’m sorry.

Customer: No, I didn’t ask. But you should have known.

Me: Um…yes, okay. Anyway, what did you need?

Customer: So, this item is $7.99 and 50% off. So that means it will cost….$10.00, right?

Me: ………… (trying to wrap my head around all the stupidity coming at me)

Customer: Oh my god, are you really this stupid? They hired someone who can’t give good customer service OR do math?! I did the math on my phone, forget it.

Me: No, ma’m, I can do both things well. I’m just trying to figure out how you—nevermind. Half of $8 is $4, not $10. Have a good day.

(I walk off before I catch her stupid. Apparently, she took the item and went and waited in line, only to get up to the register and say, “I’ve been waiting here to say that I actually DON’T want this, because that girl didn’t help me.”)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!