Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #113855

, | Unfiltered | June 8, 2018

I was the GM of a brew pub on the Oregon Coast. We had a weekly trivia game where the winner won a growler of the beer we brewed (the prize was stated on every chalkboard in the place as well as announced throughout the game). The idea was to promote OUR BEER.

At one point during the winter months, an older couple started showing up every week and playing. One week they won, and when I went to the table to ask which beer they wanted me to fill their growler with, they said “Oh we don’t drink beer. We’d like a bottle of wine” (they even requested one of our more expensive bottles). I replied, “I’m sorry, I can’t do that. The prize is a growler of one of our beers. That’s the entire point of the game”. They proceeded to get irate and asked for the manager. Which was me. NO, they didn’t get a bottle of wine.  One of my servers later had the nerve to use the “but the costumer is always right” line on me, to which I replied “Like hell they are.”  Maybe I wasn’t cut out for that line of work.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!