Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #113838

, | Unfiltered | June 4, 2018

(I was living with my parents after a failed relationship when I received a call from a number that I didn’t recognize. Against my better judgement, I decided to answer.)
Me: Hello?
Caller: Hello! Do you have a few minutes to talk about the schizophrenic softball league? We accept donations  and help these people out.
Me: I’m sorry, I don’t have a job right now to help.
Caller: Listen, lady! These guys work really hard! We need to supply them with bats, balls, gloves, knives-
Me: You’re giving knives to schizophrenic people? Who is this?
Caller: Who is this?
Me: Do I know you?
Caller: Do I know you?
(At this point it’s obvious that I am on the receiving end of a prank phone call and he is doing ‘the repeater” but something made me want to know what was going on, so we continued to banter until I convinced him to let me guess his name.)
Me: Is your name the name of an Apostle?
Caller: Yes
Me: Good, that narrows it down. Do you share a first name with a past president of the United States?
Caller: Yes. More than one actually, I think. (Obviously speaks to someone else away from receiver but I can still hear him) Wait, there was more than one, right? Thomas Jefferson… Oh, crap.
Me: Hello, Thomas!

(And THAT was the first conversation that I ever had with the man that would one day become my husband.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!