Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #113837

, | Unfiltered | June 4, 2018

(I work in a candy store in a mall and it is an agonizingly slow day. I am reading a book to pass the time as an enormous woman stomps in, one that is at least 400lbs. I am very engrossed in my book, so I don’t immediately look up when she enters.)

Woman: “Look at me! When are you getting M&M’s?”

(I immediately close my book and look up at her, giving her my full attention, as I do with every customer asking questions)

Me: “Ma’am, we have M&M’s right there. We have Normal, Mini and Peanut.”

(I gesture to the chocolate section where the candy is located.)

Woman: “Not that crap! The other ones!”

(She flails a large arm in the direction of an empty M&M dispenser in the back of the store. The machine is meant to hold a dozen different colors of candy but because of the price to fill it, it’s sat empty since I started working here.)

Me: “I apologize ma’am, but we haven’t been able to fill because of how expensive that candy is.”

Woman: “Well that is just stupid! Why do you even have that stupid thing if you can’t get it filled with stupid candy! Your store is worthless!”

Me: “Again, I apologize ma’am, but if you’d like, I can order you some specially. It will cost more than the normal price, but you can get exactly what you want.”

Woman: “How much for that stupid candy?!”

(I quote her a price that might’ve been a little high, but it’s hardly outrageous. She’s already been incredibly annoying and it’s taking everything I have to not snap)

Woman: “Are you mad? I’ll just go to [Grocery Chain] and get ten times that amount for the same price! Your store is a complete rip off!”

Me: “Well ma’am, I hope you can get what you want there.”

Woman: “Because I clearly can’t get it here!”

(She stomps out of the store, muttering a dozen more ‘stupids’ before she’s gone. With her out of the way, I gratefully return to my book.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!