Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #113826

, | Unfiltered | June 1, 2018

We’ve all had rude, demanding, wacky customers. But this is the first time that a customers pushed me so far that I had to quit my job.

Customer comes into store. He’s swaying a bit and acting weird. He looks like a junkie. He’s also having some problems reading the menu. We talk him thru it and he finally orders a small chourico sandwich.

These things are pre-portioned by us in little containers to make sure the ratios of onion/pepper to chourico are always the same. But before we wrap it up, I double check it and make sure it looks good. I always get made fun of by the staff for double checking everything that goes out.

Over an hour later the customer calls in screaming, swearing, and being generally unintelligible. I tried to remain calm.

Customer: THIS BREAD IS FUCKING EMPTY! THERE IS NOTHING IN IT! YOU FORGOT THE FUCKING FOOD! I WANT TO SPEAK TO THE FUCKING MANAGER! YOU’RE ALL SO FUCKING FIRED!!!

Me: I’m the manager, sir. I made your sandwich myself. I saw it before I gave —–

Customer: I’M STILL GONNA GET YOU FIRED! MY SANDWICH HAD A TON OF ONIONS AND NO CHOURICO!!!
(I thought, that is weird because a minute ago the sandwich was “fucking empty”!)

Me: (still speaking very calmly) Sir, no one is going to get fired. Your sandwich had the correct amount of chourico, onions, and peppers.

Customer: THIS IS HOW YOU TALK TO ME!!!! I’M BEING ABUSED! YOU’RE SO RUDE!!!! I WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR MANAGER!!!!!

Me: Sir, I am the mana—

Customer: AND THIS IS HOW YOU SPEAK TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!?! YOU’RE SO FUCKING FIRED! YOU’RE SCREAMING AT ME!!! THERE WERE ONLY TWO PIECES OF CHOURICO!!
(again, the amount of food in the sandwich changed! amazing!)

Me: Sir, no one is getting fired. The only person screaming is you. I never raised my voice.

Customer: YOU’RE SCREAMING!!! YOU’RE SCREAMING!!! YOU’LL BE SORRY! I’M RECORDING THIS! YOU’RE GONNA BE FIRED!!! I’M RECORDING THIS WHOLE CONVERSATION!!

Me: Thats fine, Sir.

Customer: FUCK YOU!! YOU’LL BE SORRY!!!

He hung up after insisting that I was screaming and we were all being mean to him only to call back a few more times, threaten us, and then bombard us with hate mail. I couldn’t deal with this guy any more and quit on the spot.

Its amazing how abusive customers are allowed to be. It’s terrible.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!