Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #114094

, , | Unfiltered | June 13, 2018

(My mom, dad, girlfriend and I are sitting at the dining table eating lunch or working on costumes for ComicCon when we get into a conversation about programming; specifically programming for workplaces. For clarity I love programming, and have Asperger’s. I also have lived with my parents the entire 21 years I have been alive.)

Mom: “What I don’t understand is why they would roll out the new system with all the glitches.”

Dad & Me: “I know what part of the problem is.”

(My girlfriend stops working on her costume and fully tunes into the conversation.)

Me: “It can be really hard to keep up with technology and they might have tested it and by the time it was released to all the stores it might have been out of date and/or broke.”

Dad: “And they hire people that have Asperger’s that have no sense of reality, how the world works, and what people need.”

(My mom begins to glare at him, my girlfriend looks like she is about to stab him with the X-ACTO blade in her hand; and my mouth drops open.)

Me: “Excuse you, RUDE!”

Dad: “What it’s not like you have Asperger’s.”

Me:” Actually I do, and even if I didn’t what you said is very inappropriate.”

Mom: “Really; [Dad’s Name], that is not true.”

Dad: *in his “I know it all voice”* “Actually it is; there are several research pape—”

My Girlfriend: *cuts him off* “—research papers that are out of date, based on old information, or written by hateful people.”

(My dad walks off muttering about how we are all wrong; he has said things like that before but never that bad. funny thing is I had just been working on a personal programming project all of 5 minutes before this happened, he also wonders why that made us so upset.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!