Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #114049

, , | Unfiltered | June 12, 2018

I work as a contractor in a very specialised field. I’ve had to drive 2 hours from the city in live in to fix a problem in another town as they don’t have anyone qualified. I’m not in the best of mood to begin with as the job is a callout and I’ve been smashed with callouts all week.

I’m in the deli department doing a repair and I will point out I’m scuffy, unshaven and wearing tradie gear so I look nothing like the staff in there clean white uniforms.

There is a line of customers and only one staff member serving. I’m going about my repair when I hear a mid 40’s lady going excuse me.

I ignore her for a bit but she is persistent.

Me: Sorry I don’t work her, just a contractor.

Lady: Quarter a roast chook.

Me: *pointing to staff member* she works here, you have to wait.

Lady: I want the leg piece.

Me: Look lady I don’t work for here, see the tools, uniform, my hands. Dirty hands, fixing things. You don’t want me touching your food.

Lady: Gross, you need to wash your hands. How can you work here without washing your hands.

Me: I don’t!

Lady: I’m going to write and letter to complain.

Another customer: Are you stupid, he obviously does not work here.

Wish I could say this doesn’t happen regularly.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!