Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #112803

| Unfiltered | May 19, 2018

(My family owns a takeaway which has been open for many years, of which me and my brothers are employed. It’s around about half 10 at night, coming to the end of a very very busy Saturday. An elderly woman phones up who had ordered during the rush hour)

Me: “Hello, [Business Name]?”
Customer: “Hello, I made a delivery order for [Address],”
Me: “Oh, hang on just a second” (I’m currently upstairs at this point, so I rush down to the computer. I take a minute to find her order receipt, and read it back to her.)
Customer: “I ordered a chicken curry, and there was very little chicken in it, there was God knows what meat you put into it.” (By this point, I tell her to wait again and explain to my parents who are also the chefs. It turns out that because it had gotten so busy, they had accidentally given her a beef curry)
Me: “I’m very sorry, but we were very busy and it turns out that we’ve accidentally given you a beef curry instead of a chicken curry. If you want, we can give you a proper one right now.”
Customer:”It’s half 10 in the night!”
Me: “Okay, well we can give you the difference off your next order.”
Customer: “I’ve been eating here for 4 years, I’m absolutely disgusted at the service I’ve received. Me and my family and all of the [Area where business is located] will never eat here again. I’ll be sure to write to the [Area of business newspaper] and tell everybody about it.”
Me: “Well, that’s your choice, and I’m very sad to see you go.”
Customer: “Well it is my choice. I don’t care how busy you are, it’s no excuse to put God knows what meat in a chicken curry.”
Me: “That’s not what I said though.”
Customer: “Good night.”
Me: “Good night.”

(It was quite clear that her husband was spoon feeding her what to say, as I could hear a man talking to her in the background. I edited the computer records so that when she rang up again, it would come up that she was banned and we haven’t heard from her since.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!