Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #111457

, | Unfiltered | May 19, 2018

This story takes place when I’m in Grade 5. We have a substitute teacher during math. I have overheard this teacher loudly telling another teacher that she is rubbish at math so I’m not expecting much. We are doing a math problem about area. I am good at math and it is fairly simple, but I overhear the teacher telling multiple students the wrong thing. I assume I misheard, and carry on until the teacher decides to mark as a class.

Teacher: *Condescendingly* Okay, so does anyone know what the answer is?

Some students put their hands up, and they say the answer, the teacher encouraging them. But the answer is wrong. I put my hand up. The teacher ignores me, and after a couple minutes I grow impatient.

Me: Excuse me, miss! That last question isn’t correct!

Teacher: Don’t call out!

Me: … my hand is up! That last question wasn’t correct, you only did it like [completely wrong way] it is [right way].

Teacher: *smiles condescendingly* No, you don’t understand, it is meant to be like [horribly wrong answer.

It goes back and forth like this for a bit. A couple other people who got the right answer are agreeing with me. Finally she relents, and half the class has to change their answer. A couple of minutes later my computer stops working.

Me: *to teacher* Excuse me, but my computer has stopped working, I have restarted it but-Teacher: *not even looking my way* Restart it.

Me: But-

Teacher: *hasn’t even started speaking to another student yet.* Wait your turn, this person needs something too you know!

I go back to my seat. I restart my computer so many times I lose count, and shut it down and start it up again. Finally…

Me: Excuse me, but my computer still isn’t working.

Teacher: Just restart it.

Me: *frustrated* I have!

Teacher: Do it again.

Me: I have done it so many times I lost count! Can I have a permission slip to go to [computer fixing place in school, that has computer experts that can fix anything in seconds.]

Teacher: *Acts like she doesn’t hear me* Oh, I know! [Girl]! Come here and help this girl fix her computer!

This girl DOES help some teachers with their computers, but she is no expert, and she has no clue. The teacher didn’t even stay long enough for the girl to cross the room, so the girl just shrugs and says to just restart it and then goes back to her work.

Teacher: How’s it going. *notices my screen is restarting* How come you aren’t doing work.

Me: *taking deep breaths* My. computer. isn’t. working.

Teacher: I thought [Girl] was helping!

Before I can explain she has dragged the girl back over. I just give up at that point. Eventually my computer randomly starts working, while the girl hangs around when the teacher is watching, and goes back to work when she is not. I tell her I’m sorry for taking so long, and she goes away. Eventually…

Teacher: Oh! Your computer started working!

Me: Yeah, it just-

Teacher: [Girl]! Come here.

When the girl comes the teacher praises her in every shape and form. When she is done, having now gotten girl WAY behind on her work…

Teacher: *To me* See! You should be more patient! I told you [Girl] could fix it.

Me: … really?

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!