Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #109681

| Unfiltered | May 4, 2018

(I used to work in the Social Housing Department for a local Council. In this story I was doing a shift at the customer facing desk in the main Council Building).

Customer: The clock over the road has had the wrong time for as long as I can remember!

Me: Do you mean the Town Hall clock?

Customer: No! The one over the road! (The Town Hall is over the road) The one on the beauty salon.

Me: OK, well I’m sure if you let them know they’ll explain why it hasn’t been fixed.

Customer: But it’s a Council owned building, you need to get someone to fix it.

Me: Ah, fair point. Well this is the Housing desk, I just deal with our Council tenants. Someone at the main desk should be able to help you.

Customer: No. You do it, call someone to repair it now!

(A queue of tenants is forming behind him).

Me: I really am unable to help you, I don’t know who deals with the Council owned shops as I just deal with Housing. I’m sure the staff at the main desk will have a better idea of how to help you.

Customer: You just can’t be bothered to help me, you don’t care about getting things done! You just don’t want to help anyone!

Me: Well, I actually DO want to help the people waiting behind you who need help with a Housing issue. As I said, you will need to go to the main desk.

Customer: (Practically jumping in anger) You just don’t want to help, you’re all the same!

(The customer storms off, without going to the main desk).

The clock is still wrong.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!