Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #108621

, | Unfiltered | April 8, 2018

(I am a sales team member working the electronics department at a local toy store. A customer approaches my desk)

Me: Hi there, do you need some help?

Woman: Yeah, I need some help over by the blackboards.

(The blackboards are pretty far away from the electronics department, and since it isnt my section, I am not supposed to be over there.)

Me: Oh, okay. I’ll radio someone for you.

(I pick up a walkie-talkie.)

Me: (into the walkie) Hey, a guest needs some help over by the blackboards. (to the woman) Okay, someone should be heading over there now!

(The woman gives me a look. Rather than walking back to the blackboards, she walks about two feet away and stands by a rack of candy, where she begins staring at me. I’m a bit confused by this but I think nothing of it and strike up a conversation with a coworker. A couple minutes later the woman storms back over.)

Woman: (yelling) SO Y’ALL JUST GONNA STAND THERE DOING NOTHING WHILE I NEED HELP?!

Me: (startled and confused) …Ma’am, blackboards are not my section. I can’t leave my department. I radioed for someone to help you…

(My coworker ended up going with her, which he technically wasn’t supposed to do, to keep her from making a scene. I later had the pleasure of checking this woman out; she wandered off mid-transaction to go get a dollhouse she wanted to buy and came back ten minutes later empty handed. Some people…)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!