Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #108606

, | Unfiltered | April 6, 2018

(As a teenager, I went to a midwife center for all my womanly needs as my GP was a man, and I didn’t feel comfortable talking about such things with him. I go in for an appointment to get a refill on my birth control pills, used exclusively to lessen my period pain. I fill out the form as I wait. Sexually active? No. Number of sexual partners in the last year? 0. Reason for visit? Birth control pills. And so on. They already have my inssurance on file, so I simply turn the form in and sit back down. My mom and I are the only two people in the waiting room. A few moments later, the receptionist calls me back up.)

Receptionist: Hi, honey. I just wanted to talk to you about your insurance.

Me: Is there an issue?

Receptionist: Not exactly, but this State has ways to help girls in your situation. It’s good to have as much insurance as possible right now. *hands me some pamphlets for the State run insurance system for children*

Me: Uh… what situation?

Receptionist: Now it’s nothing to be embarrassed about. We get young mothers in all the time.

Me: My mom’s almost 50, which I don’t think is that young really.

Receptionist: What? Aren’t you…?

Me: Me? No. I’m just here for my bc pills.

Receptionist: *flushes darkly* You can go sit down now. She’ll be with you shortly.

(I go back to my seat and tell my mom what happens. I understand wanting to help teen moms in whatever way you can, but maybe take a look at what they just told you first.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!