Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #108210

, , | Unfiltered | April 3, 2018

(This takes place when I still worked at my store from 6 am – 2 pm as a cashier. Someone had to quit the morning shift and placed me as the morning cashier, a.k.a I’m the only one in a actual lane until the other cashiers arrive around 10 am. This takes place one morning while checking out a customer.)

Me: “Alright, do you have a loyalty card with us toda—”

(Suddenly, an elderly lady decides to come around my check-lane and interrupts my conversation with the customer.)

Elderly Lady: “Excuse me, is there anyone that can check me out? I need to do this quickly as possible.”

(She proceeds to go to the next check lane. Again, I am the only cashier currently there; plus, I’m currently helping someone else. And the kicker, our cash registers only let us log into one cash register when we are working. And yes, we do have self-checkout.)

Me: “Umm, I’m sorry but I am the only cashier here at the moment.”

(The elderly lady quickly takes her only item, a box of strawberries, and heads to the self checkout.)

Customer: “Should have done that from the beginning…”

(My thoughts exactly.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!