Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #106397

, | Unfiltered | March 4, 2018

(I am 26 at the time of this story, seeing a gynecologist for the first time. This is only important because the doctor is a specialist and has never seen me before.)

[appointment goes smoothly, at the very end:]
Doctor: alright, is there anything else I can do for you?
Me: Maybe? I know this is a bit of an odd request, but I have run out of my eczema cream for my face, and was hoping I could get you to re-write the script for me?
Doctor: um. What? Why don’t you have the original doctor re write it, who wrote it for you the last time?
Me: That’s the problem, it was my pediatrician.
Doctor: …You are 26, you don’t HAVE a pediatrician.
Me: That is the point, this is an old prescription—I only need it once in a while, it was last written when I was in high school. I’m normally very good at avoiding putting things I’m allergic to on my face.
Doctor: Uh. *skeptical* That’s really very unusual, I don’t know anything about what the script should be?
Me: Oh that’s no trouble, I have the old tube here in my bag!
Doctor: …alright, let’s see.
Me: *pulls out ancient tube, where the paint/label covering has peeled off in places revealing the metal underneath, very worn and battered*
Doctor: Good Lord, that IS old!
Me: *laughs* yeah, I did say it was from highschool! But if you can’t rewrite it, I can make an appointment to see a dermatologist, I just figured it was worth asking, since I will be out of town for a month and thus not be able to see anyone until after.
Doctor: Nah, don’t worry, this is a very straightforward prescription, I can write it—but you should probably know this stuff does actually expire, even if it doesn’t run out.
Me: what, really? I had noticed it didn’t seem to be as effective as I remembered, but thought that I was imagining things.

(So the doctor wrote my script and sent me about my business, with instructions to see an actual dermatologist at some point soon. Her expression when she saw the tube, though, that was hilarious!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!