Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #106356

| Unfiltered | February 27, 2018

(I am a younger looking bloke and I work in a sports shop that sells a whole range of shoes and football boots I have a pretty good rep for football)

A customer walks into the football area which is my department and as polite as I am with all of my customers I say
[Me] “Hey! how are you today? Is there anything I can help you with?”
[Customer] “Yeah?! I need to get some football boots!”
[Me] *put off guard because she was yelling* “Great! so how can I help you?”
[Customer] “Well I don’t know what I’m looking for?! aren’t you meant to tell me what I should get?”
[Me] “Yes but I need to know what you are looking for like certain brands, colours, styles, price ran-”
[Customer] “Well I don’t bloody know, I was thinking you could just tell me and I could get them is it that hard?”
[Me] “I can do that however, it will be a lot easier on both of us if you can give me some sort of idea of a boot you are after.”
[Customer] “Argh fine if you must know! *reaches over my shoulder to the Junior football wall which I had been trying to close out because I saw her foot and it clearly wasn’t a kids size* this one looks alright! I want this in a nine.”
[Me] “I’m sorry but that one is a Junior football boot, however, we do have a similar one in the adult sizes over here” *points back to the way we were before*
[Customer] “But I want that one”
[Me] “I know but we do not have that one in your size…”
[Customer] “How do you know what size I am looking for?? are you some sort of freak kid who looks at feet and can tell what size just from looking? probably have a foot fetish as well”
[Me] “I can assure you I am not *feet are rank as I help cover those up* and as for your size you asked for a size nine earlier when you pointed the kids boot out”
[Customer] “WHO SAID THESE BOOTS ARE FOR ME?! DO I LOOK LIKE I PLAY SPORTS?!”
[Me] *trying my hardest not to snap at her* “Oh ok so these aren’t for you that will make it a little trickier not having whoever these are intended for without sizing them up”
[Customer] “IT’S OK I CHECKED HER SHOE SIZE BEFORE I LEFT THE HOUSE!!”
[Me] “Ok but just a warning as it is a football boot its sizing is slightly different so we may get a close size but with a thicker football sock she may even go up a size but we won’t know that without sizing her up properly.”
[Customer] “No she doesn’t need to go up a size TRUST me”
[Me] “Ok sure then would you like those ones that I showed you earlier in her size?”
[Customer] “YES WAS THAT SO HARD?”
[ME] *ignoring that last comment* “what size were you after?”
[Customer] “I told you before! it is a nine!
[Me] “A nine in US or UK sizing? and is this a women’s size nine or did you size up her last pair of boots?”
[Customer] “In the shoe is said nine us! and of course, it is a women’s shoe”
[Me] *still ignoring that she just went nine us and not U.S* “ok well we only have two pairs of football boots that are women’s sizing specifically however you can go into men’s sizing and go for a size 7.5 US which is equivalent to a 9 US”
[Customer] “NO it’s not stop making up Bullsh*t, I want to talk to your manager!”
[Me] *relieved because I was going to snap pretty soon* “Sure! let me go get him for you.”
*Customer had a confused look as if they noticed I wasn’t scared or anything*
*I was also so fed up with this lady as well
-I came back with my manager who is specifically a customer service manager-
[Me] “Ok *******, this customer here is having an issue wi-”
[Customer] “YOUR LITTLE 16 YEAR OLD EMPLOYEE HERE IS MAKING UP BULLSH*T”
[Manager] “Really, are you sure? You are talking about football boots I assume”
[Customer] “Well we ARE in football aren’t we?!”
[Manager] “well I find this really hard to believe as he is most likely our best to talk to regarding anything football related, what has he said”
*she points at me*
[Customer] “HE HAS BEEN TELLING ME THAT THERE ARE ONLY 2 BOOTS FOR MY DAUGHTER”
[Manager] “Is this true? *looks at me*
[Me] “not at all, I said there are 2 boots specifically made for women’s sizing, or else she can try a mens in a 7.5 US because she is after a 9 US in womens.”
[Manager] “Oh do we have 2 womens boots now did we get another in?! Awesome! Can you tell me about it later?”
[Me] “yeah sure, but this customer isn’t wanting either of them and she refuses to believe there’s a difference between mens and womens sizing”
[Manager to Customer] “Everything that I have been told he has said has been correct, was there any other issues?”
[Customer] “yeah try getting rid of some of the new incompetent workers because they are driving customers out the door”
[Manager] This 18-year old has been with us for 2 years now and I don’t plan on getting rid of him as he has an incredible knowledge of football boots, I have seen this young man and he can sell a boot without having any boots or signs around, just give him a price range, colour or brand and in he has already thought of multiple boots for you to try out for size and I know he can do this for a lot of our footwear department.”
[Me] *trying not to smile but my manager hasn’t ever said something like that before so I had a little smirk on*
[Manager] “If there is any other issues here let me know but if not you have a great day and I hope to see you in our store again.” *walks back to his office*
[Customer] “okay then give me that boot IN A NINE”
[Me] “that will not fit her it will be too big”
[Customer] I KNOW HER SIZE!”
[Me] “The manager would also agree with me”
[Customer] “THE CUSTOMER KNOWS BEST”
[Me] “Ok if you insist here is that boot in a nine…”
[Customer] “SEE WAS IT THAT HARD”
[Me] *back into sales mode* is that everything you were after?
[Customer] YES IT IS *she seemed like she just conquered the world or something*
[Me] “I hope you enjoy the rest of your day, see you next time”

__________________________________________________________________________________

*4 hours later guess who walks in with her daughter*
(guess she was hoping for someone else AHAHAH HI AGAIN ITS ME)
[Me] “Oh back again?
[Customer] “on second thought can we try that other size”

__________________________________________________________________________________
Welcome to Retail…

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!