Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #105961

, | Unfiltered | February 23, 2018

(I where contacts, and I’ve had problems with seeing using my contacts for a while now. It has finally gotten to the point where I can’t stand it and go to the eye doctor to get my prescription checked. A student does the actual exam and finds my new prescription, and I can already tell a difference. She leaves and the actual doctor comes in.)

Doctor: *takes a look at the paperwork the student completed* “Well it looks like your prescription stayed the same, so you can just order some more of the same contacts.”

Me: *shocked* “Really? I’ve been having double vision and I can’t focus my eyes at a close range very well.”

Doctor: “Nope, it’s the same. Are you sure you’re having problems?”

Me: “Yes, I’ve also been getting headaches from straining my eyes to focus.”

Doctor: *repeats the exam TWICE to find my eye prescription* “Well I found the same thing she did, which is a slight decrease in prescription in your right eye. This is very unusual since eyesight doesn’t normally get better with time, so I think your prescription should stay the same.”

(We go back and forth a few times, with me insisting that I need a change. It’s very unusual for me to advocate for myself this much, but I really can’t take the eye strain anymore so I KNOW I can’t stay with the same prescription. He finally agrees to let me try the lower prescription on a trial and come back in two weeks to see how I like it. The trial contacts have to be ordered by the receptionist, and I notice the doctor go around and point to the screen and tell her to “order these instead,” but I don’t think anything of it. I go back in a week when they come in. The receptionist hands me the trial contacts and I have a look at the prescription number.)

Me: *confused and irritated look on my face*

Receptionist: “Is something wrong? You look confused.”

Me: “These are supposed to be trial contacts for a new prescription. Why are they the same as my current contacts?”

Receptionist: *takes the contacts back, looks at her computer and back at the contacts and starts getting flustered* “Urm, I don’t know, let me look at this…”

(She eventually gets a different doctor in the practice to come look at my file. The other doctor takes one look at my file, immediately goes to get me the correct contacts, which DIDN’T have to be ordered, and tells me to come back and see her instead of the first doctor. At my appointment with her she tells me that my prescription should actually be even lower than the first doctor prescribed. The only conclusion I can come up with is the first doctor didn’t believe me and was trying to trick me into staying with the same prescription, twice! First doctor, why was it so hard for you to believe I couldn’t see?!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!