Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #105419

, , , | Unfiltered | February 13, 2018

We have a 10-year-old fancy dryer. It worked well for a long time and last year the belt busted and we had it replaced. Lo and behold a year later it goes again.

We called the supplier and tell them what had happened and explained that it seemed to be the same problem and it would probably need a new belt again. However, the repairman was sent without knowledge of that information and arrived without the part. Sure enough, we did need that part so in the end they took $180 from my grandmother from two visits. We figured it was all worth it if we can get some laundry done while we wait for our new machines that we ended up buying halfway through the wait out of frustration. (Initially we thought we would keep the repaired dryer and the new set).

Except because the part is as old as the machine it breaks again after one load.

So my mom calls the call center (which was closed on the weekend) on Monday and talks to someone reading from a script. A script that boils down to “tough beans we have your money and it isn’t our responsibility to be honest with you and tell you the truth about whether or not you should have it repaired”.

She then talks to the repair company who was hired by appliance company and learns that they are payed only a portion of the amount and that the appliance people keep most of the money and if we had talked to them directly they would have advised us of the road we were headed down.

She calls back the appliance company and speaks to another person who reads from the same script. Eventually my mom moves up to the supervisor who commences by reading the same script and states quite clearly that they are unable to help us further and that they have our money and that is all that matters. They could care less that they took $180 dollars from a senior on a repair that never should have been done.

Moral of the story: There is a reason why they brag that their repair department is underused.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!