Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #105417

, | Unfiltered | February 13, 2018

You know when your writing down something and you’re overhearing a conversation at the same time, then you wrote down something you didn’t mean to because you heard it in the conversation? Happens to me quite a bit except sometimes I’ll say something I didn’t mean to, I just saw the word and it’s added to the conversation. This was one of this hillarious mistakes.

I’m in the guard office and I reach for a magazine. To my surprise, I instead pull out a cake covered with plastic wrap on a plate.

Me: What? How?

Coworker: Oh, I’m so sorry! That’s mine, I came in and had to rush to my lesson, so I quickly put it there. Sorry.

Me: Oh that’s okay (hands it back to him)

As I’m handing it back to him, I looked down and see a magazine with an article about Kim K’s 72 day MARRIAGE. This is when my brain diverts because what I meant to say was:

Me: That’s okay, for a second I was like score! Free cake!

Instead, what I said was:

Me: That’s okay, for a second I was like score! Free marriage!

Then picked up a magazine and started to read it because I didn’t realize what I said. Meanwhile, my coworker is still holding the cake and looking at me confused. That’s when it hits me.

Me: …Did I say marriage?

Coworker: Uh, yeah.

Me: Oh no, oh no. Sorry. That’s not what I meant. I don’t want to marry you.

I had to explain to him what Jude happened to the best of my abilities. Luckily, he found it funny and wasn’t creeped out anymore.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!