Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #103845

, , , | Unfiltered | January 18, 2018

(I’m an 18-year-old girl, about 5’2″. I work the drive-thru at a popular chicken-based fast food chain. It is just past closing time, and a customer knocks on the locked drive-thru window.)

Manager: *an average-sized adult man* “[My Name], go see what that guy wants.”

(I brush off the fact that this is clearly an unsafe situation and unlock and open the window. The customer is a large man in a pick-up truck.)

Customer: “I’d like some chicken for $5.”

Me: “Okay, well we have a $5 meal, which comes with two pieces of chicken, a small side and a drink!”

Customer: “Nah… I’m gonna give you $5, you just give me some chicken in a box.”

Me: “I’m afraid I can’t do that, sir.”

Customer: “What, you’re just going to throw it away anyway…”

Me: “The dark meat, yes, but we use the leftover white meat for other recipes. I’m also only an hourly worker; I can’t make those types of transactions.”

Customer: *fidgets in his seat and grows visibly annoyed*

Me: “…let me get my manager.”

(I walk away and let the manager barter away the dark-meat chicken we were going to throw away at the end of the night. While I’m glad the food was going to use, I’m certain that the manager was pocketing the money for the exchange, since the location he’d previous managed was shut down due to fraudulent errors in the books.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!