Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #103712

, , , | Unfiltered | January 16, 2018

A new hire, who was a total brown-noser quickly got promoted to supervisor and developed a god-complex with the younger staff. One of them was around 6’3″ and 235lbs who was an amateur boxer and myself at 6’2″ and 205lbs and was a former amateur kick-boxer and wrestler, I also have Epilepsy and Asperger’s.

Both the boxer and myself worked well together, though the supervisor actually used to go out of her way to make things difficult for us on several occasions even going so far as to have her friends come in and make up fake complaints about us or verbally abuse us.

One such friend came in and called me over from a till (which I’m not supposed to leave) and she told me loudly to go over to their friend who then proceeded to verbally abuse me.

I just stood there and let the “big man” rant and rave (the guy can’t have been more than about 5’8″ and 130lbs), as he finished I apologised for whatever he’d made up and attempted to go back to my till at which point he tripped me up and I fell towards a shelf though managed to grab it so I didn’t fall. The guy then proceeded to push me again at which point I hit him with a right hook and knocked him out as he fell into a floor display.

I proceeded to call the paramedics and police as well as the manageress whose “pet” had instigated the situation.

The guy was tended to by the paramedics whilst I was called into the office with the police and the supervisor present who was smiling smugly at me as the manageress was saying I’m being fired and arrested. I told her to check the CCTV which the police agreed to which showed the restraint I had before defending myself. She then said I’d still be written up and put on disciplinary action.

Having had enough I said: “you know of my disabilities and can see that I was assaulted first. You’re responsible for providing me with a safe working environment. In the space of an hour I’ve been assaulted and discriminated against because of my disabilities. The police could be making some arrests now and it wouldn’t be me they’re arresting. If you so much as write me up I’ll contact both my union and corporate and let them know what happened here; and they’d fire you just to keep me happy.

The police walked out and I followed them a few minutes after because it was the end of my shift. The following day I noticed that not only had the CCTV tape from the day before conveniently gone “missing” but there was a write-up on the notice board. I took the sheet down, wrote “I quit” on the back, flipped off the manageress and supervisor as my colleague smiled and walked across the road into a rival convenience store where I was offered a promotion and raise and got a job there. They both got transferred when the shop got bought out and the customers boycotted the store when they found out what they’d put me through. I later found out that the friend was the supervisor’s dealer.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!