Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #103644

, | Unfiltered | January 13, 2018

(The branch manager is out, so I’m considered the “supervisor on duty,” as I’m a lead teller. The phone rings. One of my coworkers grabs it.)

Coworker: “[Branch] in [Town], this is [Her Name]….You want the balance on your boyfriend’s account? Are you on the account with him?…I’m sorry, I can’t give that information out unless he approves it…Yes, really…It’s a violation of our privacy policy…He can add you, but he would need to come in and speak to a banker…I’m sorry, our manager has stepped out, but I can take a message and-…Yes, I am new…Please hold.” *puts the phone down and turns to me* Can you talk to this lady? She won’t talk to me anymore because I’m new.

Me: No problem. *I pick up the call* This is [My Name].

Customer: Finally! I need the balance on my boyfriend’s account.

Me: Are you on the account with him?

Customer: Well, no.

Me: I’m sorry, I can’t give that information out unless he approves it with us beforehand.

Customer: But I’ve done it before! He asked me to!

Me: Technically, it’s a violation of our privacy policy to give out information about an account that doesn’t belong to you.

Customer: Oh. I was not aware of that.

Me: He can always add you to the account, but he’d need to stop by a branch and speak to a banker.

Customer: He can? Great! I’ll talk to him about that later. You’ve been so helpful, [My Name], thank you! *hangs up*

(My coworker is staring at me, mouth open.)

Coworker: You said almost exactly what I said.

Me: Yep.

Coworker: She didn’t listen to me. She listened to you.

Me: Yep.

Coworker: GAH!!!

Me: Welcome to [Bank] in [Town], where nothing makes sense!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!