Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #103642

, | Unfiltered | January 13, 2018

Years ago I had a cocker spaniel with a lot of allergies and a skin condition that made her very itchy. Her regular vet prescribed allergy shots for her. A few times we didn’t get to see him but a newly graduated vet who was working there temporarily. All she did the every appointment was try to refer us to specialists. So much so that we were starting to think she was getting kickbacks from them. One time we got her when we were there for my dog’s allergy shot.

Vet: “She’s just itchy because she has fleas.”

Mom & Me: “No she doesn’t.”

Me: “I just checked her this morning. No fleas. And she’s had a bath.”

Vet: *rolling her eyes* “It’s just fleas. She doesn’t need an allergy shot.”

Mom: “Dr. (Regular Vet) prescribed them. We want her allergy shot.”

At that point we watched as a flea crawling on the vet herself jumped from her to my dog. The vet only sees the flea now.

Vet: “I told you she had fleas!”

Mom: “We saw that flea crawling on you! Now we want her allergy shot.”

The vet continued to argue and tried once again to send us to a specialist, but we finally got the shot – only after a lot of huffing. Mom complained to the regular vet as soon as he was free and told him how this one was always trying to send us to specialists. He seemed rather angry with her when he heard this. We never saw her there again.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!