Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #103342

, | Unfiltered | January 7, 2018

For some background; I sometimes get these weird craps in my uterine area. It feels like a knife being thrust into my ladies bits; and causes me to stop in the middle of what I’m doing, and double over in pain. It’s not even remotely associated with my cycle. It just comes outta nowhere.

Well, this past summer, I had just turned 21 and I was getting a lot of cramps in my lower abdomen. I didn’t think anything of it. I’m hanging out with my boyfriend at his work. He works at a card shop where they sell items and host tournaments related to MTG, Pokemon, Warhammer, Etc., He’s hosting a video game night for everyone, but I head home. I’m getting cramps that just won’t stop, so I hop into a hot shower at around 2 am. The cramps continue to get worse. By the end, I’m curled up on my bathroom floor, crying because it hurts so bad. I’ve never felt so much pain– and that’s coming from someone with four very detailed tattoos. My boyfriend is still at work, so when the pain lets up just a little, I force myself to drive to the emergency room. It’s no more than 5 minutes away, so I figure I could do it myself. I told my boyfriend to stay at work, because I didn’t want to inconvenience him.

I get to the ER and no one really seems worried about ANYTHING. I see a doctor pretty soon after I’m checked in, but that’s the ONLY time anything is done even relatively quickly. This doctor is not at all concerned with the fact that I appear winded and breathless from the pain I’m in. He doesn’t offer to do an ultrasound or anything. The best he offers me is two Ibuprofen. His “exam” included putting an upside-down bedpan under my butt so he could take a look inside.

Doctor:”*Really casually* Well, your cervix seems quite inflamed. Could be nothing… It could be pre-cancerous.”
Me: *eyes wide and mouth agape, wondering how he could just throw out a word like “cancer” without trying to get an ultrasound or ANYTHING else.*
Doctor: So, just hang in there, and my nurse will hurry and get ya checked out. *he leaves*
I’m so stunned and embarrassed that I don’t even bother to protest or insist he do more to help me. I’m just angry and exhausted. Not to mention, I have to wake up at 7:45am to go to work. I don’t know what their idea of “hurry” was, but when they left my room to “check me out”, I didn’t see anyone else until 6am. I checked in around 2:45am, received two Ibuprofen and a shitty vaginal “exam”, and didn’t leave until 6AM. They gave me a list of things that could cause such symptoms. It scared the shit out of me.

I eventually sought out a second opinion and set up an appointment with an OBGYN. I had ovarian cysts. Something that was determined as easily as firing up an intravaginal ultrasound. If left untreated, it could have expanded and burst, or could have required surgery. Either of which could potentially mean I wouldn’t be able to have children later in life. It was something so common. Please, if something doesn’t feel right, say something. Seek out someone who actually cares about the work they’re doing.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!