Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #102053

, , , | Unfiltered | December 18, 2017

(It is late at night and business is very slow. An older woman approaches my register ready for checkout. I scan and bag her groceries as I would with any customer. She then slides her card and it is declined due to lack of funds.)

Me: I’m sorry but your card has been declined. You don’t seem to have enough money on it to cover this order.

Customer: *In a rude tone* I have enough money on this card. I’m going to slide it again!

(The customer slides her card again and it is declined again.)

Me: I am very sorry but you don’t have enough money on your card.

Customer: But I have enough money on my card!

(She then proceeds to slide her card again and it is declined again.)

Me: *in an almost irritated tone* Mam, you don’t have enough money on your card.

Customer: *In a rude and irritated tone* Sonny, are you hard of hearing? I told you I have enough money on my card. I going to slide it again!

(I simply walk away to get a shift leader to assist me with this order. After about three minutes the customer ended up paying with cash.)

 

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!