Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #101625

, | Unfiltered | December 12, 2017

During a day of errand-running, I decided to treat myself and splurge on a videogame. I went in, found the one I wanted, bought it, and hung around, talking to the employees for a while before remembering I had to pick someone up. After dropping that person off, I went home, excited to try out my new game. Unfortunately for me, the box was empty. I picked up my phone and called the store.

Employee: Hello, thank you for calling [game store] where we buy, sell, and trade new and used games, consoles, and accessories, this is [name], how can I help you?
Me: Hi, I was there earlier today. I bought a copy of [game] and when I got home, I noticed the disc wasn’t in the box.
Employee: I’m sorry to hear that, sir. Would you like me to check if it’s still here?
Me: If you don’t mind.
Employee: Alright, just wait a second…*rustling noises, opening drawers*…it appears you did indeed leave it here, sir. Do you want to pick it up later today?
Me: No, it’s fine, I’ll come get it tomorrow, just let the person know ahead of time.

I went back to the store the next day, box and receipt in tow, and headed to the desk to collect my game.

Me: Hi, I’m here to pick up [game]. It wasn’t in its’ box when I left yesterday.
Employee: Of course, sir. *hands me the enveloped disc* I’m so sorry about that.
Me: No worries, I usually check the box just to make 100% sure before I leave the store.
Employee: Yeah, we’ve had this problem a few times in the past. One guy actually demanded he be reimbursed for the trouble of having to come “all the way back” and get the thing he paid for.
Me: That so?
Employee: Yeah. When we told him we wouldn’t reimburse him for that, since it was his own error and not something like us shipping the wrong game or just shipping an empty box, he flipped his lid and threatened to sue us.
Me: Over his own slip-up? That’s ridiculous.

Moral of the story: Don’t blame other people for your slip-ups.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!