Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #101619

| Unfiltered | December 11, 2017

It’s between Christmas and New Year’s Eve and, as this restaurant is near/on-campus, it’s almost empty. I receive my food and head to a small, secluded area around a corner when I see a employee with cleaning supplies sitting there playing with her phone.
Me: “Did you already clean here? I could go sit somewhere else then.”
Rather than answering she just gives me a dirty look. I like that spot and it doesn’t appear recently cleaned so I sit down nevertheless, take off my winter clothes and start eating when I notice her clearing her throat.
Employee: “You need to eat somewhere else. I’m cleaning here right now.”
Me: “I’m sorry? I’m certainly not going to stack my food back on the tray and balance it to another table with my winter clothes in my arms while my burger falls apart. That’s why I asked you before sitting down.”
Employee: *calling around the corner* “[Manager]?”
Manager: *comes around the corner shortly afterwards* “Yes?”
Employee: “This customer ignored me when I told him that I’m currently cleaning here! Can you throw him out?”
I’m just about to respond when the manager interrupts me.
Manager: *to employee* “Firstly, we don’t throw customers out just because they are sitting somewhere we want to clean and we most certainly don’t call a manager to discuss such an option in front of the customer. But as we’re already here: Cut the c***. Everyone here knows you’re sitting around the corner your whole shift, playing with your phone and pretending you’re cleaning. Honestly, we only let you get away with it because the only thing worse for business than you doing nothing all day is – evidently – you dealing with customers. We were just waiting for you to do something stupid which. I’m happy to say: You just did. You can go home now. We’ll call you tomorrow about your termination.” *to me* “I’m sorry about all that. When you’re finished you can come to the counter and get free dessert or a hot coffee if you like.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!