Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #100012

, | Unfiltered | November 15, 2017

I am the cashier in this story ringing up a customer at a well known local drug store in town where I work. Note, this is the South and it is common for people to use phrases like, “honey and sweetheart” without it meaning anything because that is just the way we talk down here. I am also female and have an engagement ring on my finger.

Me: “Did you find everything alright today sweetheart?”

The customer looks at me like I just sprouted two heads…

Customer(female): “I’m not your sweetheart!”

My coworker is behind her and doesn’t know what to say except choke down a laugh while I’m standing there looking at her like what the hell happened because I am not a lesbian nor was I trying to hit on her.

Me: “I’m sorry mam, I didn’t mean anything by it, it’s just the way I talk.”

Customer: “Well you shouldn’t talk to people like that and don’t call me mam either!”

We finished up the transaction hurriedly and in an awkward silence. After she left my coworker and I had a good laugh about it and thought of things we wish the other had said like casually mentioning my fiancée and making it subtly known that said fiancée is male.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!