Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

10 Delicious And Delightful Diner Stories To Enjoy Over Breakfast!

| Right | May 24, 2022

Dear readers,

We’ve been browsing our list of really strange holidays, and we found one we just couldn’t pass up: Endless Breakfast Day! This is the first year this holiday has existed, and as you might have guessed, it was pioneered by a popular and long-running American diner chain that we’ll affectionately refer to as… [Diner Chain].

The idea of “endless breakfast” sounds delightful, as a person who loves eating breakfast foods at all hours of the day. However, if you’ve ever worked in a diner or a cafe, this might sound like your personal Hell.

In honor of this delightful/Hellish occasion, we’ve rounded up ten stories from our archives about diners!

 

Waffling On All Night – If you feel the need to make prank calls, don’t do it to people who aren’t paid enough to deal with your baloney.

Refilled With Lies – Hits from the comments: “Dear Manager: May we please clone your spine for those poor managers who seem to be without one?”

Estúpido And Estúpider – Basically, cognates are words from different languages that have similar roots and therefore sound very similar.

Really Creped Out – I… think she may have wanted pancakes.

Not Listening Makes You Out Of Order – Not mushroom for thoughts in that brain.

Walking The Decent Line – The Man Comes Around… and gives you his table.

Waitstaff Don’t Ask These Questions For Fun, You Know – We absolutely would never dine with that jerk again.

A Photo-Perfect Finish, Part 2 – If you see something, say something… or at least get it on video.

Trying To Recoup With Soup – Do they just have a ton of extra chicken noodle soup back there?

Render Unto The Diner What Is Diner’s – Pray all you want, but then, you know, leave a tip, too.

 

We hope you enjoyed this Diner-themed roundup! Want to send in your own story? Submit your story here!


Some other roundups to check out if you liked this one:

23 Times Waitstaff Had To Deal With Customers From Hell

 

10 Sweet Stories About People Who Don’t Deserve A Free Dessert

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!