Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

1-800-WE-R-NICE

| Right | January 9, 2013

(Our medical device company has an 800 number that is one digit off from another company, which sells skin care products. We therefore get a lot of wrong numbers.)

Me: “Good morning, [medical devices company], how may I help you?”

Elderly Lady: “Hello? I need to order some cream. I have a terrible rash on my bottom.”

Me: “I’m sorry ma’am, but we are [medical devices company], not [skin care company]. I can give you their number.”

Elderly Lady: “But this rash is terrible! I live in Florida and the heat makes it worse!”

Me: “I’m sorry to hear that. If you want to write down the—”

Elderly Lady: “It’s very red and sore! I live alone, you know. My husband died a few years ago. I really need some cream!”

Me: “Yes, ma’am. But we don’t sell that. Their number is almost the same—”

Elderly Lady: “I have a cat. Do you like cats?”

Me: “Yes, ma’am. I do.”

Elderly Lady: “His name is Buster. He is old like me.”

(She seems lonely, so I decide to just talk to her for a while. I finally manage to give her the other number.)

Lady: “Thank you, sweetheart. You are a very nice young lady!” *hangs up*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!