Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Your Stupidity Has No Match

, , , , , | Right | March 21, 2010

Me: “Hello, how can I help you today?”

Customer: “Yes, I wanted to take advantage of your price match policy on this refrigerator.”

(He hands me a copy of a competitor’s ad with said refrigerator.)

Me: “Okay, do you have your receipt?”

Customer: “No.”

Me: “That’s okay; I can look it up.”

(After utilizing several different ways to look up a receipt, I still haven’t found one.)

Me: “Ma’am, I’m having a hard time finding your receipt and without that, I can’t give you your money.”

Customer: “I haven’t bought the refrigerator from you.”

Me: “Oh! Okay, so you want to purchase it and match the price?”

Customer: “No! I purchased the refrigerator from [Competitor] and you have it cheaper, so I want you guys to pay me the difference.”

Me: “So, let me get this straight. You bought a refrigerator from [Competitor] and we have it cheaper here, so you want me to give you money for a fridge that you didn’t purchase from here, and have no intentions of purchasing from here?”

Customer: “Right! Your price match plus guarantee!”

Me: “Ma’am, in order for us to give you the difference, you would have had to purchase the item from our store.”

Customer: “That’s false advertising! You have to give me the money! I’m going to sue!”

Me: “Ma’am, unfortunately, we can’t just give you money for something you didn’t purchase from us.”

Customer: “Why not?”

Me: “Well, we wouldn’t make any money then and the company would go out of business.”

Customer: “Like that’s my fault!” *storms out of store*


This story is part of the American States roundup!

Want to read the next story? Click here!

Want to read the roundup? Click here!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!