Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Word To The Whys

, , , , | Right | December 26, 2012

Me: “Thank you for calling [Business]; how may I help you?”

Customer: “I can’t believe you’d do this to me! I’ve been a customer for years! I’ve spent literally thousands of dollars with you! Why would you do this to me?!”

Me: “I’m sorry, but what’s happened?”

Customer: “You charged me for two [products] but only sent one. Why are you trying to rip off a loyal customer?!”

Me: “I’m sorry your order wasn’t complete. I’ll get the missing item shipped to you today.”

Customer: “But why did you do this to me?”

Me: “I think it was just a mistake. We wouldn’t do something like that intentionally.”

Customer: “Of course, you did! The packing slip clearly says, ‘F*** you!’ on it!”

Me: “I’m very sorry to hear that! Can you send me a photo so I can forward it to my manager?”

Customer: “Why? Don’t you believe me?!”

Me: “I need to see the handwriting to figure out who wrote it.”

Customer: “Fine. I’ll mail it back.”

Me: “I would prefer it if you email a photo, but mailing it back is fine. In the meantime, I’ll get the missing [product] sent to you.”

Customer: “I still can’t believe you’d do this to me!”

(The customer mails in the slip, and sure enough, written in crayon in a very unsteady hand that I don’t recognize, is “F*** you!” However, it’s followed in the same handwriting and crayon by, “I can’t believe you’d do this to me!”)


This story is part of our Crayon Roundup!

Read the next Crayon Roundup story!

Read the Crayon Roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!