Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

With All Douche Respect

| Right | October 1, 2012

(Note: I am working the express lane in a large department store. Note that we also have a bank branch located inside our store, although this is not where I work.)

Customer #1: “Give me that ten back in a roll of quarters.”

Cashier: “I’m sorry, sir. I don’t have enough quarters, and even if I did, I’m not allowed to sell rolls of quarters.”

Customer #1: “Are you kidding me? Is that from you, or your manager?”

Cashier: “That’s store policy.”

Customer #1: “That’s f***ing stupid. I’ve been a customer at this store for 27 god*** years and I’ve never had this problem!”

Cashier: “I’m sorry, sir. I really can’t do that.”

Customer #1: “Let me talk to your manager, then, because this is f***ing ridicu—”

(Fed up, another customer who has been waiting behind Customer #1 interrupts him.)

Customer #2: “Would you stop being such a colossal douche? She says she can’t, and she says it’s policy. It’s not going to change just because you yell at her. If you want to see a manager, go find one and leave her alone. Besides, there’s a BANK fifty feet away from you. Get out of this line! The rest of us have lives!”

Customer #1: “Listen, lady… stop calling me a douche—”

Customer #2: “THEN STOP BEING A DOUCHE!”

Customer #1: *leaves*

Customer #2: *to the cashier* “Sorry, people are douches!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!