Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Where’s A Real Live Robot When You Need One

, , , | Right | January 6, 2010

Me: “Thanks for calling [Credit Card Company]. My name is [My Name]. Can I get your first and last name, please?”

Caller: “I wanted to talk to the computer.”

Me: “Well, ma’am, the reason you got me is because [Credit Card Company] wants to take care of you personally and let you know about–”

Caller: “I want to talk to the computer, not a person! I don’t like talking to people.”

Me: “Well, ma’am, I’ve already got your account info up on the screen. I can give you the same info the computer lady can.”

Caller: “No! I want to talk to the computer! I don’t want to talk to a d*** agent! I wanted to get my balance from the computer!”

Me: “Ma’am, since I’ve got it up already, would you like me to just give you the info so you don’t have to call back? You’d still get an agent if you did.”

Caller: “NO! I WANT TO TALK TO THE COMPUTER!” *click*


This story is part of the Man-Vs-Machine-themed roundup!

Read the next Man-Vs-Machine-themed roundup story!

Read the Man-Vs-Machine-themed roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!