Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Wedded Bliss Meets Wednesday’s Boss

, , , , | Working | August 1, 2012

(I normally work on Wednesdays. However, I have requested next Wednesday off, because it is my parents’ anniversary, and I’m taking them out to eat. All requests for time off must be made before the schedule for the week is completed, and I’ve notified the schedule manager well in advance. Yet, when next week’s schedule is posted, I see that I’ve still been scheduled to work on Wednesday.)

Me: “Hey, [Manager], I’m scheduled to work on Wednesday, but I asked for that day off.”

Manager: “Did you ask before the schedule was made?”

Me: “Yes, I asked you on Monday last week.”

Manager: “Oh yeah, I forgot.”

Me: “Oh. Well, can you get someone to cover for me?”

Manager: “Why did you ask for a day off when you knew you had to work?”

Me: “I asked for the day off before the schedule was made up.”

Manager: “But you’re always scheduled for Wednesdays. So you should know that you have to work on Wednesday.”

(It should be noted that this is my summer job, so I’ve only been working there for four weeks).

Me: “Well, my parents’ anniversary is this Wednesday, and I’ve already made plans. Can I please have it off?”

Manager: “Fine, I can do it this time, but next time, schedule your plans for a different day.”

Me: “Sure, I’ll… schedule my parents’ anniversary for a different day next time.”

Manager: “That’s more like it!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!