Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

We Need One Of These In Every Store, Part 3

, , | Right | August 3, 2008

(The store I work at has a policy where an employee has to check every customer’s receipt on their way out the exit. After checking several receipts, a customer walks up with three items in his cart and starts walking right past me.)

Me: “Sir, I need to check your receipt.”

Customer: “I only have three items in my cart.”

Me: “I know, but it’s store policy. I just need to mark it with –”

Customer: “It’s because I’m black, isn’t it?”

Me: “Excuse me?”

Customer: “You’re only checking my receipt because I’m black! You think because I’m black, I’m a thief!”

Me: “Sir, I checked the receipts for everybody in front of you, and I’m going to check the receipts for everybody behind you. Now if you’ll let me see your receipt, I just need to mark it. You’re holding everybody up.”

Customer: “No, I’m not moving until you call your manager! I don’t shop here to be treated like this! You d*** racist!”

(At this point, a big, imposing customer waiting behind him–who just happens to also be African American–explodes.)

Big Imposing Customer: “GET YOUR A** OUT OF THE WAY NOW!”

Customer: *hands me receipt*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!