Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Use Of Technology Is Undeveloped

, , , , | Right | March 15, 2011

(A customer brings in an SD card. He wants to transfer the files onto a CD.)

Customer: “Miss, how many photos can I put on a CD?”

Me: “It depends on the size of the files.”

Customer: “4×6 inches. They’re all the same. I just want to know how many will go on one CD.”

Me: “That’s a print size, not a file size. We can usually fit between 200 and 400 photos onto a single CD.”

Customer: “No. It should always be the same. There’s only one size of picture!”

Me: “No, sir. It can change depending on the camera settings. A high-resolution picture will take up more information space, even if it’s physically the same size.”

Customer: “Don’t you go throwing all that fancy computer talk around. I just want to put these on a CD, as plain old 4×6 pictures. I don’t want any computers involved!”


This story is part of the Customers-Are-Bad-Photographers roundup!

Read the next Customers-Are-Bad-Photographers roundup story!

Read the Customers-Are-Bad-Photographers roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!