Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Upgrading Faster Than A Fox In A Fire

, , | Right | November 3, 2010

(I’m working with a caller on a bug they’ve found on our website.)

Me: “Okay, I need to know what Internet browser you’re working on. Internet Explorer? Firefox?”

Caller: “I’m using Firefox.”

Me: “Great. Now, do you know what version of Firefox you’re using?”

Caller: “Yes, I’m using version 12.” *note: the highest version of Firefox is currently 3.6*

Me: *jokingly* “Firefox 12? That must mean you’re from the future! Wow! What’s the new Firefox like? In my time, we only have version 3.6.”

Caller: “It’s pretty nice, I guess.”

Me: *still jokingly* “Do you have hover-cars yet?”

Caller: “Um…”

Me: “Sorry, that was a joke. What I want you to do is email me a screen capture of the bug you’re experiencing, as well as the specific version of Firefox you’re using. I can give you instructions on how to do so.”

(Thirty minutes later I received an email with the screen captures. Turned out she was using Internet Explorer 7.)


This story is part of the Humorless Customers roundup!

Read the next Humorless Customers roundup story!

Read the Humorless Customers roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!