Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Tray Fray

, | Right | February 28, 2013

(Due to new public safety standards, we now have to machine wash all dirty trays instead of merely wiping them down with a disinfectant and paper towel.)

Me: “You’re order will be right out, ma’am. Thank you.”

(My coworker brings out her bag of food.)

Customer: “I said I wanted this for here.”

Me: “Yes, ma’am, but as I mentioned all our trays are dirty and we’re only bagging the food at the moment. You’re more than welcome to eat in the lobby if you’d like, but we can’t offer you a tray.”

Customer: “What about those?” *points to dirty pile of trays over a trash can* “Can’t I just have one of those?”

Me: “Uh, no ma’am. Those are all dirty trays. I can’t give you any of those.”

Customer: “Just wipe one down; it’ll be fine.”

Me: “Sorry, ma’am, I can’t do that. It’s against health codes.”

Customer: “Just wipe it down! You’re just being lazy!”

(Note: the customer is getting so agitated that other customers are backing away from her.)

Me: “No, I’m not. I’m really just waiting for the trays to be brought back up from the dish area. They’ll be clean soon.”

Customer: “God, I can’t believe you’d be so rude and lazy not to give me a tray!”

(Without warning, the customer throws her bag full of food at my face. It’s filled with cardboard sandwich boxes and hot fries inside, so she takes a solid chunk out of my cheek and I start bleeding.)

Customer: “That’ll teach you to be rude to a customer!” *shoves two customers out of the way and leaves*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!