Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Too Closed For Comfort

, , , | Right | June 9, 2010

(I work for a huge, nationwide department store retailer. Our stores are rather large, and doing well.)

Customer #1: *to her friend* “Isn’t it sad? They’re closing this branch of [Store]?”

Customer #2: “Oh, really? When?”

Me: “Actually, we’re not closing. Believe me.”

Customer #1: “Yes, you are, because I read it somewhere. Was it in the newspaper?”

Me: “What makes you think that we’re closing, may I ask?”

Customer #1: “See, look!” *she gestures toward our small clearance area in the front of the store.*

Me: “Nope, that’s just our clearance area. We’re getting ready for spring.”

Customer #1: “Right, because you’re closing.”

Me: “No, ma’am. We’re the largest [Store] in the tri-state area. If we’re closing, no one at the store has been informed of it!”

Customer #1: “Wow, they didn’t tell you yet?!”


This story is part of the Customers-Who-Will-Die-On-Their-Hill-themed roundup!

Read the next Customers-Who-Will-Die-On-Their-Hill roundup story!

Read the Customers-Who-Will-Die-On-Their-Hill-themed roundup!


This story is part of the American States roundup!

Want to read the next story? Click here!

Want to read the roundup? Click here!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!