Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Thou Shalt Pay On Time

, , , , | Right | March 4, 2010

(I work in the financial aid department of a private Christian college.)

Me: “Hello, thank you for calling [University] today. How may I help you?”

Caller: “Yes, I’d like to complain about a late charge on my daughter’s bill. It shouldn’t be there.”

Me: “All right, give me just one moment while I pull up your daughter’s account. I see that payment was not received until a week after the due date.”

Caller: “I know, but I shouldn’t be charged a late fee.”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but our late fee policy was explained to you when you enrolled in our payment program and is also printed on the bottom of your monthly statements.”

Caller: “But you’re still a Christian university, right?”

Me: “Yes, sir, but to avoid late charges you must pay your bill on time.”

Caller: “Nonsense. The Bible talks about this. Y’all are supposed to be Christians!”


This story is part of our Biblically Bonkers roundup!

Read the next Biblically Bonkers roundup story!

Read the Biblically Bonkers roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!