Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Deal’s A Steal, Because It Ain’t For Real

, , , , | Right | July 12, 2012

Customer: “Hello, my sister just bought this item at one of your other stores, and it was much cheaper. Here it’s $49, but she got hers for $20. You should do this for the same price.”

Me: “Hmm, that’s odd. All stores should have the same sales, and that item is already on a very good special. I don’t think it would go for $20. But I will check with the store to see if this was on special there, and if it is we can do it for the same price. Which store did your sister go to? I’ll call them now.”

Customer: “Oh, here… I’ll call my sister, and she’ll tell you that she got it cheaper!”

Me: “I actually need to call the store she was at and speak to a staff member who can check for me. Your sister can tell me the price, but I can’t authorise a price override just from talking to another customer. I need to speak to the other store.”

(The customer ignores me and dials her sister anyway. She speaks to her in another language for a while, then hands the phone to me.)

Me: “Hi, this is [My Name] from [Store]. Your sister tells me you got a [item] for a discounted price?”

Customer’s Sister: “Yes, I got it for $20 at another store today.”

Me: “Okay, that’s great, but I’m going to have to call that store to check. Which one did you go to?”

Customer’s Sister: “Uh… the [Suburb] store.”

Me: “Oh? That’s very interesting since they closed down three and a half years ago. Thanks for your time!”

Customer: *quickly leaves without her item*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!