Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Cheese Tastes Slippery

, , , | Right | July 8, 2011

(I work as the HR manager at a grocery store. We often have various specialty items on display near the registers. One day, an angry customer storms in and confronts me.)

Customer: “Excuse me! Your cheese samples made me very sick!”

Me: “I’m very sorry to hear that ma’am, but I was unaware that we had cheese samples in the store today.”

Customer: “You sure do! I took a sample and my mouth was foaming before I even left the store!”

Me: “Do you mind showing me where you found the cheese sample?”

(The customer leads me to a table filled with samples.)

Customer: “It was these! See, a whole table filled with them. They’re not even being attended by anyone! They’re all rotten. I demand compensation!”

Me: “Ma’am, the reason you got sick is because these are not cheese. These are bars of soap.”

(The customer stares at wide-eyed at the table: it’s filled with unwrapped bars of specialty bath soaps which are clearly labeled as “Organic Soaps”. Realizing her mistake, she covers her mouth with her hand and runs out of the store.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!