Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

My Fair Lady

| Romantic | August 6, 2014

(My husband and I are both avid gamers of various genres, including fighting games. Many of them feature characters that either have very strong single-hit-supers, or long complicated chain attacks. For some reason he thinks using combo chains is “cheating” even though it’s the designed game mechanic.)

Husband: “Man, when did you get bad at this?!”

Me: “Well, I’ve been working while you haven’t. You’ve gotten to play more than me!”

Husband: “Yeah, but you used to at least put up a fight!”

Me: “That was before you ‘banned’ me from playing anyone I was GOOD at!”

Husband: “Oh, come on. I’m not that bad.”

Me: “We got into a 30 minute fight because you said I was ‘cheating’ when I wasn’t even trying hard. Besides there’s like five different chain-breakers on your guy alone!”

Husband: “You’re just exaggerating. Come on. Pick [my BEST character] and I’ll show you!”

Me: “Only if you promise not to get upset if I win because you refuse to learn how to deal with combos.”

Husband: “I promise.”

(Cut to three rounds later where I win each one, despite taking it easy and despite actually telling him how to beat me.)

Husband: “IT’S NOT FAIR!”

Me: “So wait, it IS fair when you beat me 20 times in a row when you’re forcing me to play your way, but it’s NOT fair when I just use another style!?”

Husband: “There’s absolutely no way to stop any of that!”

(I go back to the main screen, pick ‘training’, and pick the FIRST OPTION, ‘Combos and Combo Breaking.’)

Me: “Run that a few times. I’m gonna go make dinner.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!