Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Same Old Song

| Friendly | November 4, 2016

(My friend and I are on a two-month-long school camp together at the school’s farm (large private school), and we’re playing a game of Go Fish together in our room. She’s listening to her music on her laptop using headphones.)

Me: “Why don’t you play it through the speakers?”

Friend: “Because I’m not sure you’d like it…”

Me: “I don’t really care, just do it”

(She pauses her music and unplugs her headphones, I can’t see her screen but i can tell that she’s trying to find a song that ‘won’t annoy me.’ Note: I hadn’t heard her music before. She starts the song — I can’t remember exactly what; I think it was some form of metal — and I’m sitting there waiting for her to take her turn with a mostly blank face.)

Friend: “This is one of their worse songs.”

Me: *knowing what she’s doing* “That moment when you have someone listen to one of your favourite songs, and you’re worried they don’t like it so they say it’s one of their worst.”

Friend: “FOR F***’S SAKE!”

Me: “What?!”

Friend: “You f****** caught me… d*** it…”

(What can I say? I know what people do…)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!